Berry Street Educational Model
Alyangula Area School is implementing the Berry Street Education Model (BSEM).
All Alyangula Area School teachers and support staff are completing the five modules of the BSEM training; Body, Relationships, Stamina, Engagement and Character.
The Berry Street Education Model (BSEM) provides strategies for teaching and learning that enables teachers to increase engagement of students with complex, unmet learning needs and to successfully improve all students' self-regulation, relationships, wellbeing, growth and academic achievement.
The professional learning that our teachers and support staff are undertaking aims to equip us with strategies to help students meet their own learning needs by:
- understanding the benefits of trauma-informed teaching on child development and ability to learn
- creating a supportive and trauma-informed positive education classroom
- bolstering student-teacher relationships
- applying positive relational classroom behaviour management strategies
- instilling strengths-based practices across the school.